Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Nahlakh Compatibility
Tom Proudfoot's Games
January 19, 2019, 06:27:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nahlakh Compatibility  (Read 11412 times)
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:10:10 pm »

Nahlakh is a DOS game, and can be difficult to run natively under any version of Windows.

Happily, though, there are DOS emulators out there. 

One I have had success with is D-Fend: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/
bookgrid
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:38:48 am »

I hope you will not be offended but is it alright if someone can write up an idiot's guy for this whole dosbox nahlakh installation.

I would also like to say thanks... it has taken me years to find you again. I just could never remember the name of your game, oh dear tom why did u have to pick such a hard to remember name for a game Cheesy

nehow thanks again
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:34:25 pm »

I hope you will not be offended but is it alright if someone can write up an idiot's guy for this whole dosbox nahlakh installation.

I would also like to say thanks... it has taken me years to find you again. I just could never remember the name of your game, oh dear tom why did u have to pick such a hard to remember name for a game Cheesy

nehow thanks again

Download Nahlakh and unzip it to C:/Games/Nahlakh(or whatever).

Next visit the link above in Tom's post to download the latest D-FEND Reloaded frontend which includes the latest DOSBox.

Install the D*FEND Reloaded program.

Once installed, double click the shortcut or exe for D*Fend Reloaded.

Go to the top of the browser bar and click the '(+)Add' button(a green circle with a '+' sign inside it and the word "Add").

Browse to the C:/Games/Nahlakh folder.

Double click the "Nahlakh.bat" file.

You should probably see an option to enable the "set up" .exe file below. Go ahead and do this(just in case) and select the "Setup.exe" file from the Nahlakh folder.

Click "Ok"(as many times as it takes to get out of here).

Now you should still be in D*Fend adn see a list of programs/profiles in front of you(if not then just click "Run" up top).

Select "nahlakh" from this and click "run".

Congratulations. You are playing Nahlakh again. Select a save slot and make your party then proceed to run away from the kobolds and towards that little town above you.
Mr. Fed
Whelpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:58:42 am »

nehow thanks again

Download Nahlakh and unzip it to C:/Games/Nahlakh(or whatever).

Next visit the link above in Tom's post to download the latest D-FEND Reloaded frontend which includes the latest DOSBox.

Install the D*FEND Reloaded program.

Once installed, double click the shortcut or exe for D*Fend Reloaded.

Go to the top of the browser bar and click the '(+)Add' button(a green circle with a '+' sign inside it and the word "Add").

Browse to the C:/Games/Nahlakh folder.

Double click the "Nahlakh.bat" file.

You should probably see an option to enable the "set up" .exe file below. Go ahead and do this(just in case) and select the "Setup.exe" file from the Nahlakh folder.

Click "Ok"(as many times as it takes to get out of here).

Now you should still be in D*Fend adn see a list of programs/profiles in front of you(if not then just click "Run" up top).

Select "nahlakh" from this and click "run".

Congratulations. You are playing Nahlakh again. Select a save slot and make your party then proceed to run away from the kobolds and towards that little town above you.

Awesome.

It's too big and slopping over one monitor to the other, but it's started.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:42 am »

No longer seems to work for me in D-fend. At first it was running as normal in my older D-fend but for some reason when I went to reload my save and play the 'C' key(to bring up the automap) did not work. I asked around the Vogons forum but all those guys could offer was "Quit using frontends". So I updated to the latest D-Fend(1.03) and tried to add the Nahlakh profile and now I cannot get it working at all.
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:26 am »

I use http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/ which may be different from what you're using.   The old DFend is dead, but you might just saying DFend as a shortcut instead of DFend-Reloaded?  My version appears to be 0.9.3, which may be older than current.

Also, you weren't trying to use C in a dungeon, right?   Grin
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:32:36 am by Tom Proudfoot » Logged
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:30:18 am »

Hmmm...I am using D-Fend reloaded as well(and the newest version) but now that you mention it I may well have been trying to use 'C' in the dungeon, forgetting that the automap feature of Nahlakh was limited to the outdoors.

Dammit...so I uninstalled, reinstalled and messed around for no reason other than I have a bad memory.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: