Tom Proudfoot's Games
October 18, 2017, 11:28:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Started a gameplay series on Nahlakh...  (Read 122 times)
Solar
Whelpling

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2017, 06:15:25 pm »

I've often marvelled how there is so little Nahlakh content on Youtube.

While the game is old nowadays, it still has that something special about it. Maybe it is partly due to nostalgia, or maybe there was just the right kind of mixture of every little thing about it, including the charmingly brave artstyle of ever more and more fatter dragons the older they were meant to be. Ah, limitations of... what... 16x16 pixel icons? <3

I don't know! \/:D\/

But I first encountered the game when I didn't even speak a word of English, mainly due to Pelit-magazine doing that piece about it. I've come back to it about once a decade, but I never really completed it. Not even close. Even with cheated character data.

Fraps would not record it properly, which might have contributed towards it remaining mostly untouched by old game enthusiasts when it comes to showcasing gems from ye olden times... but now that I've become more familiar with OBS as a recording tool, I felt like finally giving it a try. To try and record an attempt of playing it. A gameplay of failure, potentially - well, to be honest: likely, as in my last play attempt I only completed the first island and then got fed up with super-parrying birdmen before having my hard drive crash on me and losing my save game files on that attempt. Thus, basically a blind attempt from that point onwards. It has been over 20 years since I've been to the third island, I think...

It always seemed like such a difficult and challenging game. At times even unfairly so! Yet, now that I have recorded 4 hours of it and using mage strength, shocking weapons and priest armor with minmaxed party, it seems oddly enough fairly doable so far? Well, the whipbats will probably still wipe the dungeon floor with my guys should I get to their place eventually.

My first recording attempt did result in a humiliating failure, as my recording had stopped by the time I left character creation and entered Nedly, and I only noticed it after having cleared the catacombs under the town. Oh, well. It could had been worse.

Anyways, the first two parts are up. I'll try to maintain uploading schedule of one per day.
This links to the 1st video: https://youtu.be/L5rZ7tkRqK0
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:26:45 am »

watching now. Will bookmark.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: