Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Any chance of getting Natuk on Steam/GOG?
Tom Proudfoot's Games
November 23, 2017, 04:45:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any chance of getting Natuk on Steam/GOG?  (Read 3528 times)
Solar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:40 am »

I dropped by and, uh... was wondering.

The world of gaming has become increasingly immaterial, so I was wondering if there would be any merit, or if it would even be possible, to try and get Natuk (the full version) onto Steam or GOG?

I mean, I was very surprised to see that at least Nahlakh had become more immortalized (for now) at https://archive.org/details/msdos_Nahlakh_1994
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:11 am »

Maaaaaybe.... I have pondered it (that and iPad-type versions). 

I have a bunch of stuff (other projects) to take care of first, though, and then can consider the nightmare of looking at old Windows 95 DirectX code.

Honestly, depending on how convoluted the whole process is, it might be easier to just make a sequel to Nahlakh... for whatever reason that one seemed to have more actual fans and I can draw my own art (ha ha, kidding... mostly).
SouWind
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

If you build it they will come.  I don't know how many of them or how much money they will bring...
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:28:14 am »

Hey Soulwind is back!

Though I would love to see Natuk on GOG (I  hate Steam with a passion though) I don't know how feasible this would be. Even the Spiderweb games (Avernum, Geneforge, Avadon) which are probably the most popular 'indie' CRPGs around, only really sell when the prices are severely discounted and Natuk (the original and thus far only version) was already free so you would possibly have to remake the game pretty much and may need to add some content to entice a lot of those guys to spend money on it.

But man would I love to see it happen!
Mika
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 11:42:31 am »

I would certainly buy any iPad type of versions of Nahlakh/Natuk/POTWS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: