Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Its not easy being green.
Tom Proudfoot's Games
April 20, 2019, 08:26:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its not easy being green.  (Read 4612 times)
pentti666
Whelpling

View Profile Email
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:06:08 am »

Hi

Hope that thease formus are still up and running.

Question 1:
Should move delay slow down all movement?

Question 2:
If i remember correctly shouldn't scroll of permanency add +1 bonus to weapon/armor and make enchant permanet?

Regards.
Pentti from hell
shiantar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:39:43 pm »

Wow. Funny coincidence, eh? I was looking for new postings in the hope that maybe a new patch or something might be forthcoming. Not that the game needs much else -- it's engaging and addictive as it is, and I'm looking forward to playing it thru once again.

To the best of my recollection:

1 - Move Delay is a delay imposed on movement on the combat map; it does not appear to have any affect on combat icon animation speed, bolt movement speed, or scroll delay. For users with a mouse that occasionally produces a double 'click' per button press, and if you don't want to accidentally send your characters skating across the map as far as they will go, I would suggest setting Move Delay to its highest setting unless you find it bogs things down. When in doubt, you can start in the middle and tweak it from there.

2 - A scroll of permanency did not, in my recollection of past games, add a bonus to the item enchantment and then make the enchantment permanent. It's the optional enchantment attribute that it makes permanent (e.g. the foul/flaming/paralyzing/etc. attribute) as opposed to the base enchantment number (which is already permanent, I believe) The scroll of enchant item, however, appears to serve in this capacity to increase the enchantment number, and has been found more plentifully.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:25:32 pm »

Adding to the above:

The reason people tend to save their scrolls of enchantment is because there is an item enchanter in another town (the one near those yeti caves I think) who will give items a +1 enchantment bonus for cash but only up to a +6 maximum. However the scrolls of enchantment (the ones that add a +1 to an item) can increase an item up to +7.

The 'move delay' function, IIRC delays the movement of an  character icon after a mouse click. On most modern PCs with fast processors and such, not using the move delay will result in making a single mouse click which will result in the character zipping across the screen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: