Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
BG to iPad - Natuk has a much better combat system
Tom Proudfoot's Games
March 18, 2019, 10:08:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BG to iPad - Natuk has a much better combat system  (Read 5548 times)
SouWind
Whelpling

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:16:00 am »

http://kotaku.com/5896565/baldurs-gate-ipad-will-support-multiplayer-cost-less-than-10

Seems like a iPad or Android port of Natuk would be a way to monetize Proudfoot Games.  Having just Played Dungeon Village by Karisoft I can happily report that Natuk would stand up well on tablet platforms.  And I think the lower sales price point / greater number of potential screens is the type of market a TBCRPG needs.

Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »

I should get an iPad one of these days.  My fat fingers are not very nimble on the iPhone - I wonder how a text-based inventory system would fare on the larger screen.
SouWind
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:54:06 am »

I have an iphone but no ipad (so my thoughts here were more selfless than most of my thoughts).  My family went android for our tablets with no regrets so far. 

I think a text inventory would work with enough line spacing (possibly causing excessive scrolling).  One could adopot a hybrid approach with a small icon of the item and a text line to the right.

I was also inspired by the KickStart funding of Wasteland 2.  I wonder if these two ideas could be mashed-up:

Start a KickStart project to fund Natuk tablet development.

Funding risks up-front (the project either gels or it doesn't).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: