Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Some help for a new-ish player (Possible spoilers)
Tom Proudfoot's Games
January 19, 2019, 07:24:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some help for a new-ish player (Possible spoilers)  (Read 4871 times)
pk1
Whelpling

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »

Hi all,

Tom just wanted to say how impressed i have been with POWS. Even though it is unfinished, the variety of game play and tactical depth have really led me to love this game for the last 10+ years. I just wanted to say how great i found this game when i first played it and how it still brings me back, as a good old exploration rpg. I love it, thank you. Sadly, this type of deep role playing game is dead breed in todays world.

Any way my questions:

<-----------------------Spoiler Warning, ------------------------>
I was wondering if someone could help me, Im playing POWS and have just completed the khalas tower section.I killed khalas in his tower where the store of salt is and i have a few questions:

1) I cant figure out what the salt was used for as the quest has completed but not updated(or i havent got another quest after killing khalas) have i made a mistake by killing him or is there no other quest?
2) after venturing into the caves below the tower i eventually come to a obelisk which i can concentrate on but even if i raise my mages concentration skill to 196-ish i still loose concentration -is this obelisk needed to advance the quest how do i operate it?
3) lastly i cant seem to find the blinden shrine quest/area? i have searched everywhere and i am wondering is this quest linked to the khalas tower quest or have i made an error somewhere?

<-----------------------Spoiler's End ---------------------------->

Ok i hope some one can help me with this, (Maybe i should do a brief write up of quest hints and tips it's just a matter of finding time afterward!)

Again love the game,

regards
Pk
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:09:31 pm »

1) It has been too long for me so I don't remember what you have to do to update/complete the salt quest. Have you talked to the guy who gives you the quest?

2)The obelisk you 'concentrate' on requires 'Ancient Tongues' skill to be very high IIRC(not 'Concentration' skill). I could be 'mis-remembering' this but I am pretty sure you need an Ancient Tongues skill of at least a few hundred or so(and have the guy with that skill 'L'ook at the obelisk).

3)I don't remember where you get the quest for the Blindren Shrine thing from(one of those cities to the south and west of the starting city?) but I am fairly certain you get it late in the game and the area where the Blindren Shrine is(end game area)...*SPOLER ALERT*
Down in the SW corner of the map, well away from all the other islands, cities, etc. I think you need a high Navigation skill or some such to spot it when you get near IIRC.
pk1
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:51:38 am »

Thanks for the info SkeleTony and the very quick reply!

Now i just have to remember who the khalas tower quest giver was. I actually started this game 3 years ago and I keep coming back to it after a stretch in wow (vile life stealer that it is) and fallout lol.

Ok thanks i'll let you know how i get on anyway,

peace,

pk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: