Tom Proudfoot's Games
July 25, 2017, 08:51:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Purge  (Read 9735 times)
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« on: September 13, 2010, 02:21:41 pm »

I had 26 pages of spam users on the user list and had to purge the weasels.  I may have caught some 0-post members inadvertently - though I tried to spot 'real' names instead of fred1957@lawl.ru, I probably misjudged a few, and apologize if I erased you.

Anyway, registrations are currently disabled for a few days.  If you had some super awesome user name you were dying to use one day (though you hadn't yet), please email me and I can manually add you, until I decide the spammers have lost interest and moved on and I renable signups.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »

As much as I dislike the CAPTCHA thing(or whatever that acronym is) can't you do something like that to stop the spambots?
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:06 am »

I do have one, and it's the Recapcha that is already proven to be OCR-resistant.  (Basically they take snippets of old books that they are scanning for libraries or something that couldn't be OCRed and have you figure it out).

It's humans, almost certainly.  Cursed humans!

Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:40 pm »

Reenabled with a more stringent approval process.

If you are not getting approved, send me an email at proudft@proudft.com with some sort of message that indicates you are a human and/or you have an interest in these games.
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »

OK, Recaptcha is out and specific questions are in.   If you really can't answer these, I think you may not need to sign up and can peddle your timeshares somewhere else.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »

Nice.

Glad to see you posting at the Codex forums. Too bad that POWS is not likely to be finished(barring you winning the lottery...Wink) though.
Pvt Reese
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:09:58 pm »

Hadn't even heard of the developer SSI... I was guessing I & E bonds before I found the answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: