Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
PoWS*Your favorite or notable player created starting character
Tom Proudfoot's Games
March 25, 2019, 10:56:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoWS*Your favorite or notable player created starting character  (Read 7335 times)
Duuvian
Orc Scout

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:24 am »

When I was playing PoWS every day I had two computers with it on it with two parties. One starting character was a Dwarf Priest of the mountains or earth, (Jeithuvv I think the god was). He was so god awful slow that he always went last even after dumping all his points into increasing his speed. Often my other party members would get to move two or three moves for every one of his. For example I usually had him summon an earth elemental as his first move, and the priest and mage would be finished casting their own elementals, mass armor and mass haste and be in the process of casting their second mass buff spell when the Jeithuvvian's elemental popped out. He was the least effective person in my party, even after he got Summon Dragon and Earthquake and I couldn't boot him because I had made him. I played his group the most out of all my PoWS groups, though. Also his boat was named the Flotsam.

The other guy was an average bard.

So what have been your favorite starting characters?
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:43:14 am »

I am not sure I fell in love with ANY characters I created but I usually prefer to create a bard because they seem to be the hardest to find as recruits and they are enormously effective IMO. I had at one point created a new elven bard graphic icon which looked pretty damned nice compared to a lot of my stuff but I think it ended up getting wiped by a hard rive crash or some such(brough on by computer viruses I had contracted many years ago). In fact most of the guys I created I only ended up liking after I created a new graphic icon for them(there were a few human monks I did this for as well).

I also had a dwarf warrior I had a lot of fun with and, like you, I had one of those priests of the unpronounceable name whose spell list included the 'Summon Dragon' spell but I think mine may have been a gnome. Not sure.

Man I wish I had managed to keep all the icons I had created. I had a dwarf or gnome(he was either a short dwarf or a tall gnome) with dual-wielded pistols/wheellocks and a fancy hat.
Twilight
Whelpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:47:09 pm »

I believe that is the only way to get a priest of Jeithuvv, and that has some awesome spells.  Probably my favorite, too!
RandomPasserby
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:18:02 pm »

I always went for monk or elf bard. I believe there's only 1 recruitable monk and 1 recruitable bard (both available at the start, and mutually exclusive) so if you want both then you have to make one yourself. And they're both really good classes, although getting really good cestui is a bit of a crapshoot.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 05:26:59 am »

I always went for monk or elf bard. I believe there's only 1 recruitable monk and 1 recruitable bard (both available at the start, and mutually exclusive) so if you want both then you have to make one yourself. And they're both really good classes, although getting really good cestui is a bit of a crapshoot.

Exactly. While I do not often play monks in ANY fantasy CRPG(I hate having no use for found magical weapons and armor. Just bugs me.), with POWS/ToD that is the way to go for both monks and bards, if you want to play one(create one).
Duuvian
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

I turned the female mage whose name starts with a K into an assasin/mage/party skills hybrid, and once she got a pair of invisible boots she could hold her own as a backstabber despite having low weapon skills.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: