Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Dwarf fort
Tom Proudfoot's Games
March 25, 2019, 11:02:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf fort  (Read 8689 times)
bookgrid
Whelpling

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2009, 10:26:23 pm »

Help!

lol... I am stuck at the dwarf fort fighting 2 dudes who can call upon lightning (more specifically pray to their god and get a random effect) und smite my guys down 2 a turn.

Anyone here figured how to win?

I have tried blinking them + reloading non stop so they would appear in front of my warriors to mince them to bits but... the chance of having 2 blinked before my dudes kinda slim...

buffing my guys with protection b4 battle starts

buffing with invis...

basically all fails and im out of ideas

nehow my weekend is over D: and natuk will have to wait for next week... hehe maybe i should stop replaying this old game
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:02:11 am »

Been a while so my memory is hazy on this one. Aside from lowering the difficulty(I play at 500% always myself anymore), the following tactics might help:

Mass Confusion

Charm guys next to the 'Inden!' warrior-priests(You may even be able to charm the 'Inden!' guys themselves but I am betting you will fail a lot more against them with the charm spell)

Great Fog Cloud to block line of sight from ranged attackers(crossbows) and force them to run up within swatting range of your tanks.

Great Ice(to cause those who are trying to run at you to slip adn slide into one another)

Summoned Drakes, Demons and/or Golems to keep the dwarves busy whyile you do damage with your casters and archers

This particular battle is excellent for illustrating why it is smart to have TWO shamans. When the 'Inden!' guys do manage to strike down a few of your dudes you will have twice the reviving power and if they take down one of your shamans you still have another to revive HIM.

Use the 'Soul Wind' spell to take out groups of dwarves who are on their last legs because this will also heal your party without doing any damage to them.

And finally, this is an exploit so you may not want to use it but the "Fumble" spell, if you repeatedly cast it on an enemy(like those 'Inden!' priests) will effectively shut them down/immobilize them
shiantar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:36:41 am »

All very good points. In fact, when facing the Basokian Justiciars (the enemies in question) my first spell cast is usually a Charm spell aimed at them. It doesn't seem to fail any more or less than when used against the dwarves / halflings / other humans in that particular combat. Charming the adjacent enemies to the Justiciars also seems to help.

You can also, if you've got a bunch of warriors / scouts / assassins with decent Crossbow skill, attempt to focus your missile attacks on one Justiciar and take him down. As humans, they don't appear to have much more HT than orcs, although their armour is usually far better.
Adventor
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:37:47 pm »

If I remember well, I used Death Blast on them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: