Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Funny noise when purchasing training sessions with Trainer in Klorga
Tom Proudfoot's Games
March 25, 2019, 10:42:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny noise when purchasing training sessions with Trainer in Klorga  (Read 5113 times)
shiantar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:20:09 am »

Hi all,

I've noticed that when playing the full version of Natuk and just recently when starting up a new party & adventure, I would get an odd sound effect from the game when purchasing a large number of training sessions from the trainer.

It's an orcish grunt which vaguely sounds like 'Blah-blah-blah-BLAH' and sounds *very* derisive.

I thought that it might be something that Tom wrote in there to prevent people from using a money cheat to raise their characters' statistics.

Does anyone know if this causes an effect in the game other than just the sound effect (like, for example, making every battle unfavorably hard or quests impossible to finish) ?
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 08:50:19 am »

I do not know of any such 'feature' and if I had to guess, I would say with a great deal of certainty that it is nothing more than one of the standard 'orcy' sound effects. As far as Tom has said the only thing which has a direct effect on difficulty is adjusting the difficulty level in the options/preference menu(accessed by hitting the ESC key). I myself have spent tens of thousands of gold at a time training my characters before.
shiantar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:08:17 am »

That's about what I figured -- it was an "easter egg" type of sound effect, but it hasn't appeared to have an effect on the game besides.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: