Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mount & Blade
Tom Proudfoot's Games
January 19, 2019, 07:20:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mount & Blade  (Read 6575 times)
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« on: May 28, 2009, 03:59:08 pm »

http://www.taleworlds.com/

It's on Steam, too (which is where I learned about it).  And actually I've only played the demo, because this is something I could easily get lost in.  Basically it's an FPS-style game in a freeform medieval world where you personally deliver sword whacks and/or arrows to NPCs who try to mug you.

Good times.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:54:42 pm by Tom Proudfoot » Logged
ItalianNatukFan
Whelpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:00 pm »

It is a remarkable game. Actually i bought it and it's one of the projects i'm following with interest.
It's a good advice, yours.

DealPete
Whelpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:30:55 pm »

I tried it;  wasn't as good as Tower of Darkness.  So, when can we expect Tower of Darkness on Steam?  Smiley

Peter
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:16 pm »

I was thoroughly unimpressed by it. Ran like crap and I am no fan of real time games when they DO run well.

Edit: Of course my thoughts should be taken with a huge grain of salt because of my biases against real-time and the fact that I was not able to actually play the game enough to evaluate it's actual quality(due to it running like crap on my rig).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:31:31 pm by SkeleTony » Logged
SouWind
Whelpling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:49:51 am »

The multiplayer (Warbands) beta is out now.  You can sign up at Taleworlds with your M&B product key.
Duuvian
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 10:49:54 pm »

I found M&B to be a great game that makes me wish I had a better computer. I bought it for cheap while it was still under development and it was worth the investment and more due to the amount of time I spent playing it on my laptop. Archery was the most fun for me, I loved shooting people off horses. I got to be an excellent judge of distance and arrow trajectory in that game. The independent mods are awesome too. I haven't played since my laptop broke on me, but I was looking forward to The Last Days mod when it was finally ported from the old version and also several others, notably Onin-no-Ran.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: