Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Spell difficulty?
Tom Proudfoot's Games
January 19, 2019, 06:25:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spell difficulty?  (Read 6556 times)
Torgo
Whelpling

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:39:39 am »

I just noticed that a lot of the spells in the spell list sticky have different difficulties from the hintbook, i.e. the hintbook says create golem is 48 and the sticky says 24.  Which one was right?  Was the online list simply transposed from the hintbook (typos are understandable) or does it contain corrections?
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:53:57 am »

The online list was taken from the actual data file, so I expect some adjustments were made at some point after the hintbook was printed.
Solar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49:07 pm »

I noticed that the stickied spell list is incomplete, as in, missing at least one spell - or I have a gray B in my status, which might not surprise me.

Anyway, if I'm right, it is missing ZNG, which was called... anti-magic in the game? That brighten/darken magic spell for Magic casters? Difficulty levels seems to be around that of a ball spell, since my mages can cast it succesfully from time to time.

I wonder if anything else is missing from the list :)

Just (re-)started Nahlakh, btw. Seems to runs well with DOSBox 0.73.
Solar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:28:15 pm »

I wonder if anything else is missing from the list :)

Cannot seem to find 'mass cure' from the list either. Will edit this post afterwards to include the words when I find it from the game, since I don't remember its syllables. :P
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »

I wonder if anything else is missing from the list Smiley

Cannot seem to find 'mass cure' from the list either. Will edit this post afterwards to include the words when I find it from the game, since I don't remember its syllables. Tongue

Mass Cure = nhp,P15

Also found:

Death Ball = rlm, M50

You can find these in the official Nahlakh Information Book that came with the registration which Tom was kind enough to post at the old forums.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:53:50 pm by SkeleTony » Logged
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »

I wonder if anything else is missing from the list Smiley

Cannot seem to find 'mass cure' from the list either. Will edit this post afterwards to include the words when I find it from the game, since I don't remember its syllables. Tongue

You can download the hint book/Information book HERE.
Solar
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:44:36 am »

You can download the hint book/Information book HERE.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: