Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proudft/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Tudor
Tom Proudfoot's Games
January 19, 2019, 06:21:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forums!  All information is here now.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Tudor  (Read 7570 times)
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »

As you can probably guess, I like messing around with game editors.  At around the same time I was working on POWS, I made an HOMM3 scenario set on a small island in the same world.  If you have HOMM3, you might like seeing some of the same characters pop up in this.

I was planning on making a campaign out of this, but it took FOREVER to make nice-looking maps.  Testing them also took a great deal of time, and I soon went back to working on my own projects.

Download (29k)
http://www.proudft.com/0TudorNym.zip

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:21:11 am by Tom Proudfoot » Logged
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:36:57 pm »

Cannot download this. Get a garbled page full of code or something when I click on the link.
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:21:47 am »

OK, I changed it to a zip file.  I guess browsers want to just show a .h3m or something!

SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:36:11 am »

Cool thanks! I am a HUGE Heroes 3 fan/player so this should be interesting.

I too got partially done with a campaign or two in my time but I never actually finished any of my maps.
Tom Proudfoot
Emperor
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:53:26 pm »

It's a little different, I warn you!

I was trying to recreate the campaign world, so the recruiting is a bit strange.

Duuvian
Orc Scout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 10:56:26 pm »

Sweet, next time I install HoMM3 I'll check this out. What was your favorite city type? I liked Necromancer (lichs) towns, Barbarians (thunderbird and cyclopes), and elf and dwarf towns (high elves, dendroids and the treasury), although they were pretty much all good.

What was your favorite campaign? I always had trouble making it all the way through any of them because they took so damn long or I got annihilated by the computer.
SkeleTony
Orc Warrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:48 am »

I got all the way through ALL of the campaigns(of all the expansions and even a few of the 'standalone' campaign games they sold which had names like "Warlords of the Wasteland" and such and did not require you having Heroes 3 installed to play them) without TOO much trouble. My favorite of those was the one(believe it was from the Shadows of Death expansion) where you played the Necromancer who had to find all the artifacts to put together the "Armor of the Damned" and "Cloak of the Undead King"(I think that is what it was called). One of those allow you to preemptively cast Slow, curse, weakness, and misfortune on an opponent's troops(as if you had "Master" level in each of the appropriate schools of magic) before the battle starts and the other allows your necromancer/Death Knight to raise fallen/killed troops as either Zombies, Wraiths or Liches depending on your Necromancy skill level(basic, expert, master).

My favorite town/faction is the Necropolis myself. It is just too much fun to come upon stacks of peasants and such and come away with legions of skeletons(or liches of you are lucky enough to have put together that special artifact). My strategy(I play random maps anymore) is to start with 'Thant'(a Necromancer whose special ability is with casting "Raise Dead") and begin by building the mage guild first and then progress as quickly as possible towards the capitol(which I usually have by the first day of the second week) because that 4,000 gold per week is just too important.

The town/faction I hate the most is the Conflux because it is so poorly balanced/designed. I mean DOUBLING the creature growth/output every week, even for level 7 Phoenixes?! Sprites as "elementals"?!
Plus I was there when the Armageddon's Blade expansion was announced wherein the original new town was to be the "Forge" town which was to include this all too cool 'technomancy' aspect...goblins with rocket launchers type of stuff(ala Warhammer 40k) but a bunch of idiot teenagers at the old Astral Wizard site cried "That's not D&D!" and 3DO erroneously felt forced to made a last minute change and thus the Conflux was born.

Other than that I do like the Barbarian Stronghold a lot(even with the silly and unnecessary mage guild restriction) and dislike the Inferno and the Fortress. The Inferno just does not FEEL right(teleporting arch devils and NO winged demons?!) and seems to be pretty weak all around and the fortress is just too slow(and also has that silly mage guild restriction).

BTW Tom I DID try your map out but it was just too crazy for me to get into(won't give spoilerish details here).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:58:21 pm by SkeleTony » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: